Project Engineer – Ireland
Simply Blue Group (SBG), established in 2011, is a blue economy project developer, working with the marine environment to deliver long term sustainable projects that will be part of humanity’s move towards one planet living. We believe our people are central to everything we do. Being part of our team means you can make a real difference to the global climate, food and energy crisis.
Floating Offshore Wind is the main focus of SBG’s portfolio, with >10GW in development globally. In Ireland for example, we’re developing the Emerald, Western Star, Olympic and Nomadic projects.
Brief description of your role
The Project Engineer is responsible for supporting project development by ensuring that engineering design, technical risk, interfaces and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project planning and execution.
This is a full-time role and salary is subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. A relocation package will also be agreed, where necessary.
Through the completion of the following general tasks, you will support technical decision making and project design on SBG’s Irish Floating Offshore Wind (FLOW) projects.
• Take ownership of the delivery of tasks within the engineering discipline as guided by the Engineering Manager;
• Develop methods to construct, integrate, mobilise, install, operate and maintain complex offshore equipment for power generation and transmission;
• Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries;
• Review of offshore codes, standards and recommended practices and application to designs and/or technical discussions;
• Input into technical elements of SBG’s requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts;
• Procurement, and review, of front-end engineering reports, drawings and investigations (e.g. technical feasibility studies, geotechnical/geophysical studies, floating wind technology sub-systems designs, metocean and energy yield analysis, array layouts etc.);
• Participate in design reviews, risk assessment, lessons learnt and resolution workshops, with subsequent implementation and reporting;
• Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, technology supply companies and others, both locally and overseas as required;
• Interact with the cross-functional design team, in the design of offshore systems;
• Provide technical input into health & safety procedures;
• Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on SBG projects in various countries, providing technical assistance and clarifications to any staff members when requested;
• Ensure engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations;
• Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports, presentations and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information.
What success looks like
• Taking pride in high-quality deliverables that ensure responsible and sustainable development of FLOW projects in Ireland;
• Utilising engineering knowledge to identify, develop and execute FLOW project development solutions;
• Attention to detail when producing and reviewing material;
• Enjoying working in an interconnected environment characterised by interdependencies across project development functions;
• Ability to logically find solutions to novel and highly uncertain development challenges;
• Ability to synthesise information from a wide range of sources and develop justified conclusions.
Key relationships to maintain
- Engineering Manager
- Project Engineers
- GIS Technicians
- JV Partners
- Industry bodies
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Project Engineer, Ireland’ by the closing date of Monday 26th September. Please note that Simply Blue Group will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. As we are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in vacancies it may not be possible to answer individual queries prior to application.
Simply Blue Group is an inclusive organisation; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Each applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.