Funds Procurement Manager
Simply Blue Group (SBG), established in 2011, is a blue economy project developer, working with the sea to help deliver long term sustainable projects that will be part of humanity’s move towards one planet living. This might be capturing energy through floating offshore wind or wave projects, using the power generated to create sustainable fuels or through producing food by developing sites for sustainable aquaculture farms. SBG searches out the best opportunities and brings together the right partners to create an investable proposition in a natural resource that can deliver sustainable value for the planet’s future.
Simply Blue Group has approx. 90 employees. It has an excellent reputation for innovation and delivery in the developing blue economy space and has partnered with multiple large corporations with the highest standards of corporate governance. This has been achieved by a small team of talented and committed entrepreneurs.
Its core values are integrity, courage, passion, responsibility and diversity.
Brief description of your role
To deliver public sector funding solutions to support Simply Blue’s more innovative projects outside of floating wind (Sustainable Fuels, wave energy, aquaculture (finfish and seaweed), Carbon Dioxide Removal, ports) known as Deeper Blue.
- To work with heads of each of the Deeper Blue teams to draw up strategy for public sector funding opportunities from EU and national sources of funds.
- To identify individual funding opportunities for which a Deeper Blue sector can apply.
- To work with the Deeper Blue teams and write the application, and ensure delivery of the application process and successful award of funds
- To support the project managers in their delivery so as to ensure funds are received in a timely manner.
- To provide input to funding bodies on requirements from funding programmes.
- To co-ordinate with project partners on joint projects.
How what you do adds value
- Provides access to funds that would otherwise not be available to Simply Blue projects.
- Enable early stage projects to proceed where they might not make appropriate Simply Blue return hurdles.
- Increase the Simply Blue R&D budget.
What success looks like
- Series of suitably funded projects with funds delivered
- New funding opportunities emerging following dialogue with funding parties
- Recognition by funding parties of Simply Blue’s technical expertise and professional approach.
- Improve awareness within Simply Blue’s senior management of available public sector funding opportunities
- Working with the values of the group to deliver results.
- Delivery of grant funding programme that creates projects that will contribute towards the world’s climate change targets.
- Ensuring funding authorities are aware of new opportunities that they can support
Key Performance Measures
- Projects funded with funds received.
- Suitable funding programme for Simply Blue to access at EU and national levels.
Key relationships to maintain
- Director of Policy & Strategy
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Deeper Blue Team Leaders
- European Commission funding sources
- National funding sources
- Development agencies
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Funds Procurement Manager’ by the closing date of Friday 30th September. Please note that Simply Blue Group will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. As we are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in vacancies it may not be possible to answer individual queries prior to application.
Simply Blue Group is an inclusive organisation; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Each applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.