FOW Projects Technical Manager (Northern Ireland)
The role is focused on the early-stage technical and commercial development of FOW projects in Northern Ireland (to be located in the Simply Blue Group office in Belfast, Northern Ireland).
The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of project development and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of the Simply Blue Group team and our floating wind success story
The Projects Technical Manager (Northern Ireland) is responsible for leading on the engineering and commercial development of UK large-scale FOW projects. The role will also support the delivery of other Simply Blue Group FOW development plans. The Projects Technical Manager will ensure that projects are designed to the highest standards and build strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. The candidate must be able to demonstrate technical competence, commercial awareness, initiative, and self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks, challenges, and outputs.
- Plan and implement the development strategy with insight into the commercial drivers and objectives.
- Knowledge of all relevant local regulations and standards, the project development pathway and key constraints.
- Bring strong and efficient project management.
- Propose ways of accelerating project development or adding value.
- Offer intelligent engineering design, innovation, and the ability to challenge the offshore wind development status quo whilst ensuring that outputs always remain robust and bankable for FOW.
- Identify new projects and supporting workstreams.
- Secure and manage grant funding where available in support of development activities.
- Bring knowledge of and input to all project development areas including but not limited to Engineering, Consenting, Leasing, Commercial and HSEQ.
- Competently review all related third-party deliverables.
- Implement the relevant SBE project management processes in support of the projects.
- Ensure effective communications, clear interface management and orderly management of data.
- Effectively manage change to ensure continued progress towards core business objectives.
- Regularly report on project progress for the Directors and Board.
- Carefully manage and report on project risks.
- Prepare project programs and forecast project requirements.
- Develop scopes of work and procure suppliers, ensuring all contracts are effectively negotiated and managed.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Prepare and professionally present project literature and compile project data rooms.
- Manage budgets and deliver robust project cost schedules.
- Act as HSEQ Manager for the projects during the early-stage development, ensure supplier HSEQ competence and actively work towards a zero-harm objective.
- Ensure compliance with the CDM regulations and that safety is a core design priority in all geographies.
- Full job description here SBG FOW Projects Technical Manager (Northern Ireland)
- Ability to interface, influence, and work effectively with members of Project Leadership
- Experience in data analysis (ideally, handling of large data sets, computational optimisation, probabilistic modelling).
- Strong ability to build partnerships, actively engage and respect the contributions of other
- Ability to produce good quality written reports and summary presentations – able to communicate clarity from complexity
- Experience of contracting and managing suppliers.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to build good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to adapt quickly to
new ‘digital’ technologies
- Experience in renewable energy project development in the UK
- Engineering Degree with preferably a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry including at least 5 years’ experience in the offshore wind sector.
- Experience in leading the leaders in a fast-paced project environment
- Awareness of non-technical issues on matters such as UK energy policy, project development and supply chain.
- Experience in the floating offshore wind sector.
- Appreciation of the importance of effective implementation of HSEQ systems.
- Sound knowledge of primary Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
- Proficiency in GIS.
- Offshore HSE qualifications.
- ‘Proven self-starter with the ability to work across project teams and lead by example
- An enthusiastic person who enjoys responsibility and thrives in a busy, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond positively to change, work with new processes and systems, with aptitude for self-development, reflection and continuous learning
- Shared values with Simply Blue Group, including those of integrity, bravery, passion, responsibility, and diversity.
- Passion for the renewable energy sector